'A modern day journey through the wild western Balkans'

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mental Blocks and Anarchy

Sometimes I get the very best of ideas to write about just wandering around this town and observing the vast madness of Sarajevo's drivers, pedestrians, shoppers, coppersmiths, and the various groups that percieve themselves as the 'Jet Set.' I get a sensory overload from some of the most phenomenally creative characters i have ever seen to the most absolute idiotic individuals on this dear planet of ours. Ideas flow furiously until i come here, to my little desktop in the foothills just north of Sarajevo. Here it all somehow goes blank.

I wish i could understand my mental blocks more. Why and when creative juices flow and then dry up like a desert stream. Today I had at least two fantastic themes and ideas...and now they are gone, vanished, nowhere near my fingertips as I type this nonsense onto my blog.

Something tells me i need to slow down. Soak it in more. Relax a bit. Maybe even carry a notepad and pen with me every now and then. The things i witness here on a daily basis are novel worthy be rest assured. Its just these bloody mental blocks that are killing me.

If i could just slightly relate to you the wonderful anarchy that I witness on a daily basis. The blatant disregard for rules or regulations, the exciting ability to argue and curse at policemen, smoking in the courthouse in front of a no smoking sign that is barely visible due to all the smoke, parking literlly in the middle of the street just because you feel like and don't give a rats ass if its the main road through the city, pedestrians walking in the street with small children despite the empty two-meter wide sidewalk just beside them. Its a wonderful place these balkans.

Despite all the mental blocks, its a place I'm glad to call home. Now we must get on with the revolution. Hasta la anarchy siempre.

4 Comments:

Blogger che said...

ma nemoj!!!! samo ti dodji draga moja neeecu. Jedva cekam!!

12:54 PM

 
Blogger Ali da Hodza said...

ha ha! Are you talking about Brixton?

I am still trying to crack down those guys who did the road re-surfacing last year at the Vraca/Tranzit intersection - on expensive day rate those people could make a FORTUNE in management consulting ;-)

Remember, you got bruvaz in the hood who love you.

If I could only describe the sheer adrenaline-fuelled terror of any one of my past 10 working days you would laugh and laugh and then remember how lucky you are, and what that glorious country has given you ... you ungrateful stranac you! Crazy ain't the word, dude; crazy ain't the word. Working life is like a non-stop fast cut movie trailer for a cross between 'Wall Street', 'Full Metal Jacket' and the 'Big Lebowski'.

I need you to save me. You're taking *way* too long ;-)

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Ali da Hodza said...

did I say 'crack down'? I meant 'track down' - cue south london jokes

1:45 PM

 
Blogger che said...

habibi...selaam comrade! Good to see that there is still a headshift occuring in south london.

The Hopi elders have announced that the world is on the verge of a great transformation. The spirits have told us to let go, let the river of change take us. Not to be afraid and hold on to the shore. Let the river take us, and all will be well.

In other words...you're killing yourself mate. Holding on to the rate race is in vain, life is short...and there are more than enough challenges and excitement - as well as peace in quiet, in capajebo. The time has come to let go. Come home.

There is always room at our table should you care to join us. We are your family. Your tribe. Let's make a home together companero. We can have a hi-tech, non-radical left commune in Biosko.

hasta la headshift siempre.

2:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home